10 Tips For Creating The Perfect Wedding Website
There are countless website builders floating around the internet, but our favorite for personal projects, like a wedding website, is definitely Squarespace. Squarespace makes building a website an absolute breeze, and the pre-designed templates are modern, clean, and pleasing to the eye. We have some tips today from Squarespace on how to make building a wedding website even easier. And if you continue reading, you can watch a step-by-step tutorial from Squarespace on how to build the perfect wedding website!
10 Tips for Creating the Perfect Wedding Website
- Gather all of the basic information that you want to include on your wedding website, such as event details, location details, details on your registry, travel details…etc, before you start building.
- In one place on your computer, collect all of the high-resolution images that you’re going to include on your website, like: engagement photos, photos of your venue and accommodations for your guests, and logos of the stores where you are registered, to make the process quick and simple.
- Next, choose a Squarespace template, and follow the tutorial to start setting up your website.
- Once you have the basic information and layout of your website built, you can start adding and building everything out so your guests have all the pertinent information they could need.
- Be sure to make it personal! Be yourself and customize everything from templates, photos, domain names, themes, colors, etc. to match your wedding vision.
- You may even want to add a map and weather widget for the location of your wedding so your guests have up-to-the minute details.
- Create a page that’s password protected for the bridal party – for private information only they should see.
- You can also create a custom song request form so your guests can boogie the night away to their favorites!
- Create a vendor shoutout page if you want to highlight all the people who are making your day so special.
- And connect an RSS feed from Twitter with your wedding hashtag to collect all mentions of your special day.
With all of these awesome tips, and the step-by-step tutorial from Squarespace, your wedding website will blow your guests out of the water! Enter the code ONCEWED14 when you sign up to save 10% off your annual subscription!