Squarespace Takes On Growing Customer Needs with Two New Product Offerings
Following significant growth since 2012, web publishing platform introduces single page websites at just $3 a month, along with robust Commerce product
NEW YORK, NY – November 3, 2015 – Squarespace, the leading web publishing platform used by countless small businesses and individuals around the world, announced today that they will target a wider audience with two new product experiences. In addition to the core Website product, the company is introducing a lower price plan with Squarespace Cover Pages at just $3 a month, and a new Squarespace Commerce platform with a number of features aimed at eCommerce merchants.
The website publishing platform’s customer base grew sharply after the launch of Squarespace 6 in July 2012; year-over-year new subscriber rates have remained above 100 percent in 2013 and 2014. With a growing and diverse customer base, a need for differentiated products has emerged in order to serve customers looking to achieve different goals.
“Our goal is to provide the tools customers need to build a beautiful brand,” said Anthony Casalena, CEO and Founder of Squarespace. “As we’ve grown, we’ve noticed the opportunity to provide more tailored experiences to particular customer groups. Not every Squarespace customer launching a simple idea needs a multi-page website; this led to the Cover Pages product. Conversely, the merchants on our platform have shown an increasing demand for more sophisticated functionalities, which led to the development of a distinct Commerce product.”
With the latest release, Squarespace offers the following features and products in addition to the core Website platform:
- Squarespace Cover Pages
- Affordable Price Point: Starting at just $3 a month, Squarespace Cover Pages allow simplicity and sophistication to coexist within one page.
- 28 Cover Page Layouts: Customers can choose to highlight social media accounts, share podcast episodes or album singles, and much more.
- Squarespace Commerce
- 4 New Commerce Templates: Templates designed specifically with Commerce needs in mind.
- Commerce Mobile App: The easiest way to manage a Commerce business from anywhere, now in public beta for Android and iOS.
- Abandoned Checkout Recovery: Send email reminders to customers who leave items in their cart without completing their purchase.
- Real-time Carrier Rates: A new integration with UPS and FedEx provides more accurate shipping estimates.
- Commerce Metrics: In the coming weeks, Squarespace will release brand new metrics that help sellers better understand their sales and customers.
The company’s pricing plans have evolved to reflect the different product offerings. Plans for Cover Pages start at $3/month; Website plans start at $8/month; and Commerce plans start at $26/month. All first-time annual subscribers will receive a free domain with purchase.
Acerca de Squarespace
Squarespace's mission is to provide creative tools that power the future of the web. From designers creating the next generation of web and mobile experiences, to anyone managing their own online presence for the first time, Squarespace provides elegant solutions that set new standards for online publishing. By focusing our efforts on the fusion of design and engineering, we strive to create long-lasting products that balance form and function. Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with additional offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit http://www.squarespace.com/about/.